activemq-users mailing list archives

From Will Hartung <wi...@msoft.com>
Subject Linking two webapps
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 01:39:31 GMT

Hi all, I have two webapps running within the same Tomcat.

I need to coordinate the two. I'd like the activity in one webapp to trigger
activity in another webapp.

It's doesn't need to be particularly sophisticated, and I'm only going to
have one thread recieving messages. VERY low traffic.

On the one hand, ActiveMQ seems way overkill. I'd probably be better off
simply using a Singleton holding on to a java.util.concurrent.BlockingQueue,
and then feed that.

The only detail is the ClassLoader fun of getting the same Singleton viewed
properly by both web apps.

So, what do you guys think? Just punt and use that technique, plop the
classes in $TOMCAT/common/classes and wing it, dealing with the minor
configuration details and external dependencies (i.e. the WARs are no longer
stand alone) or should I rather embed aMQ? Seems like this might be more
work, albeit more flexible.

Anyway, opinions appreciated.

Regards,

Will Hartung