activemq-users mailing list archives

From Markus Joschko <markus.josc...@gmail.com>
Subject AJAX demo and session pooling
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:14:33 GMT

Hi all,
I had a look at the ajax demo and find it quite interesting. I'm just
wondering about the best approach to implement pooling (as the ajax demo is
creating a new session & connection for each consumer and not getting them
from a pool).

I'm quite lost while looking through all provided utility projects that
could be used for pooling. ActiveMQ has a pooledConnectionFactory, Spring
has something and of course there is Jencks. Can anybody shed some light
which would be the best choice for the web scenario which I would define as:
A user enters the webpage subscribes to a topic (the topics are not known on
configuration time but are created dynamically during the application run),
keeps the http session open for consuming the messages, sends a message from
time to time and leaves the page after a while -> typicall chat application.
Is pooling overhead in this scenario as the connection and session is kept?

Thanks,
 Markus