activemq-users mailing list archives

From Venkatg <venkata...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Number of Topics
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:57:22 GMT

James,

   I didn't really followed your reply.

>and MD3 topics which would be slower than
using 1 message on 1 topic with selectors.

>Generally speaking using more topics tends to be a little faster,

What I am doing I have listed here

   on the publisher side if the any message belong to more that one
Manangement Domain(MD) MD1 and MD2 then

                msg.setBooleanProperty("MD1", true);
                msg.setBooleanProperty("MD2", true);

else if it belong to only MD1 then
       msg.setBooleanProperty("MD1", true);

  Let us say on the Consumer side if it is interested in both MD1 and MD2
then the selector will be
"MD1=TRUE OR MD2=TURE"

 for other case it will be MD1=TRUE

Thanks a lot