activemq-users mailing list archives

From Venkatg <venkata...@yahoo.com>
Subject Number of Topics
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:01:15 GMT

Hi All,

  In my application I started using selector and everything working fine.
But during the developement I found that to set some specific filter
selector is not enough.Here is my problem look at the selector string below

  MGMTID IN (‘MD1’,'MD2', 'MD3')

Here “MGMTID” is a string property which gets set on the server side when
ever message is published.  But when a node is participating in multiple
admin domains for example node N1 in “MD1,MD2” then property “MGMTID” will
have multiple values so “IN” condition will fail. To solve this problem we
thought of using Wildcards

MD1.*
MD2.*

But the problem(?) with this approach is we will end up in creating 65000
topics both on publisher side and Consumer side. Are any know limit on the
number of topics? If not any idea on memory requirement?

Thanks
 Venkat