activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave Cameron <>
Subject Final Clarification
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:05:53 GMT

I wanted to bring some closure to this since I started parallel discussion on
the Geronimo Users Mail List.

This has been identified as a Geronimo Bug.  It is believed, but I did not
personally verify, that this bug does not exist in Geronimo 1.1.

What happened is I was using ActiveMQ and another XAResource with
GeronimoTransactionManager.  This bug occurs when a participating XAResource
throws an XAException during the prepare phase of the commit process.  The
transaction cleanup process actually threw the exception I discovered.

ActiveMQ was behaving exactly as it should have in this scenario.  It was
GeronimoTransactionManager that did not have as required.

To resolve this I finally patched and built my own
GeronimoTransactionManager since waiting for a new Jencks/ActiveMQ build
compatible with the latest Geronimo isn't in the cards.

I can help other identify how to accomplish this if needed.

View this message in context:
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message