activemq-users mailing list archives

From brodyc <cwik...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Http Tunneling in activemq
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:21:21 GMT

Can anyone comment on how to configure HttpTunneling in activemq. From what
I've been able to find in forums and the web is that there is a
HttpTunnelServlet on the server side and it delegates messages to a queue
per description found in HttpTunnelServlet.java:

/**
 * A servlet which handles server side HTTP transport, delegating to the
 * ActiveMQ broker. This servlet is designed for being embedded inside an
 * ActiveMQ Broker using an embedded Jetty or Tomcat instance.
 *
 * @version $Revision$
 */

How do you embed this servlet in the activemq broker using jetty? I am a bit
lost on a details how to accomplish this.  I've tried the following in my
activemq config file

      <transportConnector uri="http://localhost:62302"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector uri="static:(http://localhost:62301)"/>
    </networkConnectors>

but the broker on startup throws the following:

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\dev\incubator-activemq-4.0.1\bin\..
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0.1 JMS Message Broker
(receiv
er) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
see:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to
service:jmx:r
mi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
:INFO:  Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
:INFO:  Started SocketConnector @ localhost:62302
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector http://localhost:62302
Started
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Establishing network connection
between f
rom vm://receiver?network=true to http://localhost:62301
INFO  VMTransportFactory             - binding to broker: receiver
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://receiver Started
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Starting a network connection between
vm:
//receiver#0 and HTTP Reader http://localhost:62301 has been established.
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Network Connector bridge Started
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
(receiver, ID
:cwiklikt40-3482-1156264910927-0:0) started
WARN  HttpClientTransport            - Failed to perform GET on:
http://localhos
t:62301 due to: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:372)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:233)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:220)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:378)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.c
reateSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:86)

I suspect that this is caused by the fact that the jetty is not started. If
possible I appreciate a step-by-step instruction for what needs to be done
to enable tunneling with activemq. I'd prefer embedding jetty in the
activemq broker as opposed to running it as separate process.

Thanks