activemq-users mailing list archives

From blueshed <p...@blueshed.co.uk>
Subject Stomp Receipts
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:56:59 GMT

I have built an asynchronous stomp client that works well enough. I tried to
introduce a synchronous stomp client but came across a problem: reciepts are
sent out of order. When I send a SUBCRIBE I get a MESSAGE back before the
RECEIPT - the MESSAGE requires an ACK before I get any more messages. The
ACK too requests a RECEIPT and then two RECEIPTS come back. I would like my
Stomp Client to work with Twisted Python and it is single threaded. I would
like to work with messages in order with as little state as possible. Any
thoughts? Could message consumption on the server complete the consumption
before sending more messages?