activemq-users mailing list archives

From blueshed <>
Subject Stomp Receipts
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:56:59 GMT

I have built an asynchronous stomp client that works well enough. I tried to
introduce a synchronous stomp client but came across a problem: reciepts are
sent out of order. When I send a SUBCRIBE I get a MESSAGE back before the
RECEIPT - the MESSAGE requires an ACK before I get any more messages. The
ACK too requests a RECEIPT and then two RECEIPTS come back. I would like my
Stomp Client to work with Twisted Python and it is single threaded. I would
like to work with messages in order with as little state as possible. Any
thoughts? Could message consumption on the server complete the consumption
before sending more messages?
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message