activemq-users mailing list archives

From archaeopteryx <adeinin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: whitespace in directory for broker config file
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:51:36 GMT

If someone searches the archives:
I just came across the solution to allowing whitespace in a file URL:

You have to triple encode the space, like that:

<property name="java.naming.provider.url"
value="vm://DaisyJMS?brokerConfig=xbean:file:c:/my%252520folder/activemq-conf.xml"/>

See also the following thread:
http://lists.cocoondev.org/pipermail/daisy/2006-August/004838.html

Regards
--
Andreas

---------------
<initialContext>
  <property name="java.naming.provider.url"
value="vm://DaisyJMS?brokerConfig=xbean:file:c:/my_folder/activemq-conf.xml"/>

  <property name="..." value="..."/>
</initialContext>

Everything works fine.

However, as soon as the file activemq-conf.xml is located in a directory
that contains spaces, this fails: <property name="java.naming.provider.url"
value="vm://DaisyJMS?brokerConfig=xbean:file:c:/my%20folder/activemq-conf.xml"/>

  <property name="..." value="..."/>

I read in the configuraton that you have to be careful about whitespace,
since URI configurations are based on the java.net.URI class.
Is there any workaround for that? Or how else can I overcome that problem
(other than to not use a directory which contains spaces)?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Andreas