activemq-users mailing list archives

From archaeopteryx <>
Subject Re: whitespace in directory for broker config file
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:51:36 GMT

If someone searches the archives:
I just came across the solution to allowing whitespace in a file URL:

You have to triple encode the space, like that:

<property name="java.naming.provider.url"

See also the following thread:

  <property name="java.naming.provider.url"
  <property name="..." value="..."/>

Everything works fine.

However, as soon as the file activemq-conf.xml is located in a directory
that contains spaces, this fails: <property name="java.naming.provider.url"
  <property name="..." value="..."/>

I read in the configuraton that you have to be careful about whitespace,
since URI configurations are based on the class.
Is there any workaround for that? Or how else can I overcome that problem
(other than to not use a directory which contains spaces)?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message