activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dave Cameron <david.a.came...@lmco.com>
Subject Re: STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION on rollback?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:02:20 GMT

At the moment I'm leaning toward this being some sort of
GeronimoTransactionManager bug.

I've been stepping through the transaction manager code and have determined
that the bug occurs when the other XAResource (not the ActiveMQ one) throws
an XAException from its' prepare call to signal it wants to roll back the
transaction.

I see that ActiveMQ did roll back and can verify from stepping through code
that it is under the impression that all is well.

What I don't understand is somehow during the cleanup of the transaction
itself GeronimoTransactionManger seems to be coming to the conclusion that
something is wrong and is throwing an exception.

One suspicion is this has something to do with the configuration of the
transaction manager.  Maybe it needs a transaction logger configured in
order to not fail on two phase commits???  I honestly don't know yet.

I'm still investigating before I point a virtual finger.