activemq-users mailing list archives

From nkiesel <nkie...@tbdnetworks.com>
Subject Re: beginner needs help with topology
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:58:21 GMT

Ok, I admit I'm defeated.

All I wanted to do is to configure an embedded AQ broker using an XML
configuration in a Java app that does not use Spring.  My naive approach was
to use something like
... new
ActiveMQConnectionFactory("vm://localhost?brokerConfig=/my/path/to/config.xml")
but I can't make it work.  After reading the docu and the source code I
figured I have to use "?broker.brokerConfig=file:///my/path/to/config/xml"
but that gives error messages (and does not work).

I'm using AQ 4.0.1 with Sun JDK 1.5 under Debian Linux.

I would be really graceful for someone hitting me with the cluestick.

Best,
  Norbert

P.S.: On a side-track, I tried to find an example how to get e.g. #items in
a queue from within my Java program. From the FAQ "How do I find the size of
a Queue" I clicked down to "How can I see what destinations are used". But
that only talks about how to get a list of all active destinations.  The
link provided points to the Java API doc that does not give any methods for
getting statistics (or, more likely, I'm missing something here).  --nk