activemq-users mailing list archives

From Charles Crawley <charles.craw...@rbos.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Service not starting
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:53:39 GMT

I totally agree! My problem is that I have no idea where to start with
this...

Our App Team have been happily using this on one of their servers and it's
now started failing. They think it's something to do with the underlying OS,
but I am dubious about this.

As for logs, there is a configured log directory that contains
"ActiveMQ.log" and "ActiveMQ-C.log", both of which are of zero size. Nothing
is being logged into the OS Event logs, bar one saying the service
terminated unexpected. We also have seen the following error, but not each
time we've tried to start it, so it may be a red herring:

ActiveMQ error: 1063, StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed

Version seems to be: ActiveMQ v3.2.2

The odd thing is that running it as an application using a batch file works
fine.

Regards,

Charles