activemq-users mailing list archives

From "massive.boisson" <massive.bois...@gmail.com>
Subject message order
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:08:26 GMT

Hi,

if I have multiple producers, one consumer and persistent queue. Is the
order within the messages produced by one producer guaranteed to be in that
same order as they arrive onto the consumer?

Reading docs, I thought yes, but then I found out about this post
(http://www.nabble.com/Messages-received-in-wrong-order-tf1698342.html#a4608882)
and this related jira issue
(http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-729) which claims there is a
bug with this.

FWIW, I tried to execute the jira test case but on Windows machine (which
obviously changes everything) and with 4.0.1. It all worked.

I wonder if this scenarion is supposed to work with AMQ, and if I can do
anything else to reproduce the bug? Any ideas?

--MB