activemq-users mailing list archives

From jerremy <nikkoll...@gmail.com>
Subject maxInactivityDuration
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:45:16 GMT

I am trying to figure out what is this property:
maxInactivityDuration . Defined in docs as: "The maximum inactivity duration
(before which the socket is considered dead) in milliseconds.  Use by some
transports to enable a keep alive heart beat feature".

I am running my broker on windows.
I see:
"DEBUG InactivityMonitor - No message sent since last write check, sending a
KeepAliveInfo"
every whatever-many-seconds maxInactivityDuration property is set to.

>From said behaviour I gather that it is keeping connection live by sending
some trafic.
But from its name and explanation I thought it was measuring the time of
inactivity on this connection before it considers it dead, and thus closes
it ?

Or in other words, why would I use this feature?

Thanks,

Jerremy