activemq-users mailing list archives

From cmose <>
Subject Re: Is there currently a version that supports JMS priority id on Qs?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:51:31 GMT

do you mean push the priority consumption to a number of consumers dedicated
to just priority consumption? I understand that solution but unfortunately
it's not optimal for the architecture I'm currently working on. I'm
certainly interested in an activemq ordering of a queue based on the jms
priority id though if it ever comes up as an extension or addition. Thanks
much for the info, appreciate it.

James.Strachan wrote:
> On 8/16/06, cmose <> wrote:
>> Is there a current snapshot that supports the correct behavior of message
>> priority on a queue? I've got a july 26 snapshot of 4.1 that does not
>> appear
>> to support that functionality.
> We don't automatically reoorder queues into priority order right now.
> Though you can use selectors to for example have a pool of threads in
> multiple JVMs which just process high priority messages - which is
> often more predictable and safer than getting ActiveMQ to perform
> reordering of temporary dispatch buffers etc.
> --
> James
> -------

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at