activemq-users mailing list archives

From B-Storm <bongost...@yahoo.com>
Subject ActiveMQ behavior when subscriber crashes?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 02:30:13 GMT

I am a newby at using ActiveMQ and therefore I have simple
questions. Maybe I missed a similar post in the forum?

In the situation where I have a publish - subscibe model... suppose
I have multiple subscribers consumming the messages. The
subscriptions are not durable and the messages are not persistent.
Then one of my subscribers crashes without properly closing the
session/connection etc. When a subscriber crashes unexpectedly I don't want
ActiveMQ to try to send anymore message to them. I assume it will
generate an exception of some sort within the broker.

1. What is the behavior of ActiveMQ going to be in this situation?

2. For all of the message received from the publisher(s) how often
    will it attempt to send new messages to the crashed subscriber
    before giving up on it?

3. Will this affect the future performance of ActiveMQ's message
    delivery to the other subscribers?

4. Is there a way to configure ActiveMQ to stop sending messages
    to crashed clients and close the connection after a certain number
    of failed attempts (non-durable, non-persistent)?

5. Is there a way to be notified of subscribers that are not accepting
    messages?

Thanks in advance.