activemq-users mailing list archives

From SimonInOz <simon.pea...@bt.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ eats memory
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 05:10:08 GMT

Hunting about, it seems the memory displayed by Windows Task Manager is
pretty shaky. I gather Windows basically likes GUI programs, and doesn't
handle non-GUI ones so well. It seems to have trouble with getting the
memory right. I think Java is ok.

I will try to catch ActiveMQ misbehaving, but it's challenging, as it's on a
prod server (not under my control) and they are understadably keen to get it
all working again and not "waste time" with debugging. They tend to reboot.
I'll see if I can set up jmap for them. But I'm not hopeful.

I see there may be some memory leaks in the allocation/deallocation of new
connections - I fear the monitor program we had running would make and
destroy connecxtions at a great rate, so perhaps watching it was causing
part of the problem (the cat was definitely dead).