activemq-users mailing list archives

From jun <>
Subject client side http post without a web server
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:23:23 GMT

Hi, I am new to activeMQ, is there a way to do a http post without a web
server invloved?

My situation is I have a java application running on the client machine with
an embedded broker (the example embedded broker), the application is
subscribing to a queue(the example consumer). At the same time, there is a
web page on the client machine which needs to communicate with the java
application by sending a message to the queue using java script. All these
actions happen on a same local machine without a web server involved due to
firewall restrictions.

I have browsed throught the website and set up the example embedded broker
and example consumer to work, however, the example web demo is utilizing a
web server(client web page post back to the server and then the server talks
to the queue), while what I need is the client web page post directly to the

Here is my java script code which does not work

var oXMLHTTP = new ActiveXObject( "Microsoft.XMLHTTP" );

var sURL = "http://localhost:61616/queue/TEST/FOO" "POST", sURL, true );

oXMLHTTP.send("This is the JMS message");

Thank you !!

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at