activemq-users mailing list archives

From SimonInOz <simon.pea...@bt.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ eats memory
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:49:37 GMT

We had a similar problem, and it continued for weeks despite all the tweeks
and "fixes" I tried.
The solution for us that seems to work is:

<amq:memoryManager>
           <amq:usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="1048576"/>
       </amq:memoryManager>

otherwise activeMQ seems to keep on going until it hogs the whole memory.
The useJmx option did
not seem to have much of an effect if it was enabled or not.

That said the host OS we are using is Linux, so I am not too sure if the
above will work in your case.

Gary
Heck I'll try it, - but it worrieds me. What is consuming the memory? Why
would limiting the memory help - it'll keep using it up, and eventually
start swapping, surely - and if not, why not?