activemq-users mailing list archives

From SimonInOz <simon.pea...@bt.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ eats memory
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:48:44 GMT

I wonder do you get the same effect if you disable JMX?

Are you using queues - if so are they empty? If you have slow
consumers or non-empty queues there is nowhere else to put them other
than memory if you disable persistence.

[Simon] - No I am not using queues anywhere, only publish/subscribe. But is
there any difference between publising mesages and publishing to a q? In
theory there is of course (published messages should disappear after all
consumers have consumed the message, right?).

I will put in the memory limitation suggested by garry - but it worrieds me.
What is consuming the memory? Why would limiting the memory help - it'll
keep using it up, and eventually start swapping, surely - and if not, why
not?

Simon