activemq-users mailing list archives

From garyleeson <g...@riomhaire.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ eats memory
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:13:06 GMT

We had a similar problem, and it continued for weeks despite all the tweeks
and "fixes" I tried.
The solution for us that seems to work is:

<amq:memoryManager>
           <amq:usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="1048576"/>
       </amq:memoryManager>

otherwise activeMQ seems to keep on going until it hogs the whole memory.
The useJmx option did
not seem to have much of an effect if it was enabled or not.

That said the host OS we are using is Linux, so I am not too sure if the
above will work in your case.

Gary