activemq-users mailing list archives

From Lalit Nagpal <lalitte...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: errors when compiling activemq cpp client
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:28:31 GMT

Lalit Nagpal wrote:

> I ran into all these errors when trying to compile the ActiveMQ C++ client
>
> error C2039: 'AutoAcknowledge' : is not a member of 'cms::Session'
> e:\CPP\activemq-cpp\src\main\cms\Session.h(36) : see declaration of
> 'cms::Session'
> error C2039: 'NONPERSISTANT' : is not a member of 'cms::Message'
>  e:\CPP\activemq-cpp\src\main\cms\Message.h(33) : see declaration of
> 'cms::Message'
> error C2065: 'AutoAcknowledge' : undeclared identifier
> error C2065: 'NONPERSISTANT' : undeclared identifier
> error C2259: 'HelloWorldConsumer' : cannot instantiate abstract class
> due to following members: 'void cms::MessageListener::onMessage(const
> cms::Message *)' : pure virtual function was not defined
> e:\CPP\activemq-cpp\src\main\cms\MessageListener.h(46) : see declaration
> of 'cms::MessageListener::onMessage'
> error C2664: 'cms::Session::createProducer' : cannot convert parameter 1
> from 'cms::Destination' to 'const cms::Destination *' No
> user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this
> conversion, or the operator cannot be called
> error C2664: 'void cms::MessageProducer::send(cms::Message *)
> throw(cms::CMSException)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from
> 'cms::TextMessage' to 'cms::Message *'
> No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this
> conversion, or the operator cannot be called
>
> I specified the activemq-cpp\src\main in the project settings
> (Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> General ->Additional Include
> Directories) so that it is possible for the compiler to get all the
> include files from this base directory.
>
> Still I ran into all the errors stated above, am i using a wrong version
> or something.

Tim I think the problem is something else ...
I was able to resolve some of the errors in the sample code given ...
example :
AutoAcknowledge problem is resolved if you use Session::AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE
instead. It compiles then.
The virtual function void onMessage(const Message &message) is given in the
example whereas expected implementation in this code is void onMessage(const
Message *message)

Despite resolving these ... I run into the following probs now ... linking
errors

activemqlib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
activemq::concurrent::Thread::Thread(class activemq::concurrent::Runnable
*)" (??0Thread@concurrent@activemq@@QAE@PAVRunnable@12@@Z) referenced in
function _main
activemqlib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
activemq::core::ActiveMQConnectionFactory::ActiveMQConnectionFactory(class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > const &,class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > const &,class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)"
(??0ActiveMQConnectionFactory@core@activemq@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@000@Z)
referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall
HelloWorldProducer::run(void)" (?run@HelloWorldProducer@@UAEXXZ)
activemqlib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static
unsigned long __cdecl activemq::concurrent::Thread::getId(void)"
(?getId@Thread@concurrent@activemq@@SAKXZ) referenced in function "public:
virtual void __thiscall HelloWorldProducer::run(void)"
(?run@HelloWorldProducer@@UAEXXZ)
activemqlib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void
__cdecl activemq::concurrent::Thread::sleep(int)"
(?sleep@Thread@concurrent@activemq@@SAXH@Z) referenced in function "public:
virtual void __thiscall HelloWorldConsumer::run(void)"
(?run@HelloWorldConsumer@@UAEXXZ)
activemqlib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
__thiscall activemq::concurrent::Thread::~Thread(void)"
(??1Thread@concurrent@activemq@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function _main
activemqlib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void
__thiscall activemq::concurrent::Thread::join(void)"
(?join@Thread@concurrent@activemq@@UAEXXZ) referenced in function _main
activemqlib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void
__thiscall activemq::concurrent::Thread::start(void)"
(?start@Thread@concurrent@activemq@@UAEXXZ) referenced in function _main