activemq-users mailing list archives

From Danilo Tuler <tu...@ideais.com.br>
Subject Re: ActiveMQSession.createConsumer slow
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:54:50 GMT

> or maybe the broker is overworked?

The broker is receiving ~80 messages/sec from a single producer. Not much I
guess...
The transport is tcp in the same machine, not vm.

> Pretty much all request-responses with the broker are about the same
> in terms of time.

Is there any message priority handling on the server?
I mean, subscription (or command) messages are handled just like ordinary
messages?

> You could try subscribe to many destinations in one go using composite
> destinations...

My application is the famous stock quotes publish/subscribe.
The list of symbols is dynamic.
A symbol may be removed or added to the watchlist anytime.
When a symbol is added I could close the composite destination, and recreate
it.
This may be as fast as subscribing to the single symbol. But this is ugly...

> other than that all you can do is investigate your
> network/hardware/firewall/proxies to see why request-response over
> your network is so slow

In a local connection the subscription of 50 topics takes 10 seconds instead
of 100 seconds.
Is this time (200ms) more realistic, or is it still high?

I know speaking about times like this is not accurate as its depends on a
lot of factors.
I'm just trying to find out if my situation falls in the "absurd" category.

Thanks,
Danilo