activemq-users mailing list archives

From Danilo Tuler <tu...@ideais.com.br>
Subject ActiveMQSession.createConsumer slow
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:05:56 GMT

Hi,

My call to ActiveMQSession.createConsumer is very slow, taking up to 2
seconds to responde.
The client and server are separated by an internet connection.
The broker is being fed by a single producer on the same machine of the
broker.

Debugging the client code I see AMQ sends a synchronous message to the
broker with the ConsumerInfo. And this is blocking the client. My
application needs to subscribe to ~50 topics, but taking more than a minute
to do that is unacceptable for me.

Is this performance normal?
Is there any tweak or test I could make?
Do you need any more info on my configuration?

My debug call stack is below.

Thank you very much.
Danilo

Thread [main] (Suspended)
	FutureResponse.getResult() line: 38
	ResponseCorrelator.request(Command) line: 74
	ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(Command) line: 1112
	ActiveMQSession.syncSendPacket(Command) line: 1667
	ActiveMQMessageConsumer.<init>(ActiveMQSession, ConsumerId,
ActiveMQDestination, String, String, int, int, boolean, boolean, boolean)
line: 196
	ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(Destination, String) line: 840
	ActiveMQSession.createConsumer(Destination) line: 800