activemq-users mailing list archives

From nkiesel <nkie...@tbdnetworks.com>
Subject Re: beginner needs help with topology
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:11:17 GMT

>> Also what is the
>> recommended way to XML-configure an embedded broker?

>http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html

I read this, but the XML config require XBean/Spring which I currently don't
use.  I also found

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/assembly/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/config/BrokerXmlConfigTest.java
but there the nice
connectionFactory.setBrokerXmlConfig("file:src/sample-conf/default.xml") is
commented out and I also don't find it in the API.  So my code currently
does
  ActiveMQConnectionFactory aqcf = new
ActiveMQConnectionFactory("vm://localhost");
  Properties prop = new Properties();
  prop.setProperty("brokerXmlConfig", "file:myCondig.xml"));
  aqcf.populateProperties(prop);
I did not try to run this yet though.

Based on your advise, I simplified my topology to use an embedded broker in
the master app and have the slave app read it's queue from there.  I
currently don't envision more than one slave, so that should be ok.

Thanks again for your comments.  Is there a place (wiki?) where I should
post a summary of my setup once I'm done and it's actually working?

Best,
  Norbert