activemq-users mailing list archives

From Anders Bengtsson <ndrsbngt...@yahoo.se>
Subject Re: Network with slow link
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 07:44:24 GMT

John Heitmann wrote:

> True loops seemed to be detected ok, but some common non-loop multiple
> paths
> were not detected. For example if you have a producer to broker A, A
> connected to brokers B1 and B2, B1 and B2 connected only to broker C,
> and you consume from C, then your consumer would see 2 copies of each
> message on a topic.

Yes, the documentation warns that you can get duplicates if you have two
paths to the receiver. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to filter out
duplicates if we'd be forced to. But we experienced true loops, both with
our own and AMQ's internal messages.
I'll see if I have the time to try to reproduce it. I'm more worried about
the brokers not working properly after a restart (AMQ-870) right now.

/Anders