activemq-users mailing list archives

From jerb <j...@bluenotenetworks.com>
Subject JMSExpiration problem
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:44:26 GMT

Hi,
I'm investigating using the JMSExpiration property of the message header and
I'm troubled by something I saw in the code. The code I looked at is 4.0.1.
When a message is sent, the expiration is determined based on the time to
live + System.currentTimeMillis() of the sending machine. The JMSTimestamp
is also set to be System.currentTimeMillis() of the sending machine. When
the broker does its own expiration calculation, it uses
System.currentTimeMillis() of the broker machine. If the broker's machine
and the sending machine have different system times, won't this adversely
affect the expiration logic?