activemq-users mailing list archives

From jorussel <jorus...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: network of brokers with embedded endpoints
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:25:03 GMT

I've gotten an embedded broker to work to send intra-JVM messages using the
vm://localhost url in the ActiveMQConnectionFactory constructor.  I have
also used the XML to configure the standalone network of brokers which pass
messages to each other ( really slowly, but I'll work on performance later
).

What I am having a tough time with is how to get the embedded broker to pass
messages using the vm transport ( method calls from what I read ) for
messages that are only subscribed to  by local components, and to send
messages to the network of brokers if there are consumers out there.

I've tried the url

vm:broker:(tcp://remotehost:61616)

thinking that it would create a vm broker for local traffic and connect up
to remotehost for everything else, but what I got was the following error:

Could not connect to broker URL:
vm:broker:(tcp://remotehost:61616)?jms.copyMessageOnSend=false. Reason:
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address

followed by lots of

 Could not connect to broker URL: vm:broker:(tcp://remotehost:61616).
Reason: java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by this application

So I'm guessing its trying to open a port for _listening_ on the remotehost
which would obviously fail.

So I guess what my question comes down to is what is the magic for
configuring a store and forward embedded broker that uses
DemandForwardingBridge to determine if it can just use the vm transport to
deliver a message locally or the tcp transport to send it up to the network
of brokers for handling .

Thanks ( I know the directions say to avoid small talk.  Sorry, couldn't
help it. )

John