activemq-users mailing list archives

From superuser <pe...@automotive.com>
Subject Re: HA features
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:26:51 GMT

We would heavily prefer a shared-nothing architecture, and so for this reason
are not considering a "shared backend" scenario.

I had not considered a network of Master/Slave brokers, would this look, in
a two machine configuration, something like:

MACHINE1:
   MQ-A-PRIMARY
   MQ-B-BACKUP

MACHINE2:
   MQ-A-BACKUP
   MQ-B-PRIMARY

Where backups would be configured as normal and all servers would be
configured as a network of brokers. Clients would have a connection string
like
"failover://(tcp://MQ-A-PRIMARY:PORT,tcp://MQ-B-PRIMARY:PORT,tcp://MQ-A-BACKUP:PORT,tcp://MQ-B-BACKUP:PORT)"

Would this be a minimal HA cluster?

Incidentally, the "topology" section of the site was not necessarily crystal
clear as to what a typical configuration would look like. I would think
something like a list of use-cases, with a diagram of the topology and some
lniks to .conf files for each would be VERY beneficial. IE, if you are
looking for HA, do X; if you are looking for highly scalable
read-infrastructure, do Y; etc. Just a suggestion, ignore at will ;-)

Thanks for the help regardless.