activemq-users mailing list archives

From JayBee <tec...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to bypass Flow control in ActiveMQ 3.2.2
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:20:34 GMT

Hi there:

Is there a way to get arround flow control?

I just want my sender (producer) to keep sending data (at least 500 MB) when
no consumers are connected to that queue.  I am using "useAsyncSend=true" in
my Broker configuration, and setting this property to true in producer code
as well. Here is my broker configuration:
 <connector>
      <tcpServerTransport uri="tcp://localhost:61616" backlog="1000000"
useAsyncSend="true" maxOutstandingMessages="500000"/>
    </connector>

Properties, 'backlog' and 'maxOutstandingMessages' doesn't seem to make any
difference. BTW, what these properties mean?

Now, with this configuration my producer is slowing down after sending some
messages and then stops, presumably flow control kicking in.

Is there a way to set 'max threshold' so that flow control would not kick in
and let my producer to send couple hundered megs to the queue as fast as
possible?

Thanks,
-Jay