activemq-users mailing list archives

From sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu>
Subject Re: Leaving Messages in a Topic. Any ideas?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:13:33 GMT

yes, calculation is very cheap. Just a sum.

    What you describe is exactly what I would like to do (in an ideal case).
We were thinking of creating  a module that would attach to an ActiveMQ
broker so a crashed or recently started client would ask the module for the
sum and then start receiving messages from the JMS.

    Although I think ultimately the above is doable but before we take the
hard road it would be interested to know how to track the sum at the broker?
I guess what I am trying to find out is where on the broker do you keep it
(that would be the ideal solution). Can you give me some examples or point
me to some documentation where I can read about this functionality?