activemq-users mailing list archives

From Anders Bengtsson <ndrsbngt...@yahoo.se>
Subject Network with slow link
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:23:54 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to create a network of brokers mostly for distributing messages
from one producer to lots of consumers. The producer and half of the
consumers are on one network (A) and the rest of the consumers are on
another network (B). Between A and B is a slow connection.

We want to minimize the number of messages over the slow link, so we don't
want any consumers in B to connect directly to a broker in A. I figured a
network of brokers could solve this.

The brokers will create points of failure on the way to the consumers in B,
so I'll need redundant brokers. How would I configure multiple redundant
brokers in both networks, but still minimizing the number of messages
between A and B?

thanks

/Anders

PS. Please don't refer me to the "network of brokers" documentation page.
I've read it and it isn't much more than an overview.