activemq-users mailing list archives

From sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu>
Subject Leaving Messages in a Topic. Any ideas?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:24:13 GMT

Hi,
I was wondering if there was some way to store messages on the ActiveMQ
server. Let me clarify. Suppose you were keeping track of a sum of numbers
and each number arrived in a message. Here is how it would work:

1. Some producer would constantly publish the numbers throughout the day

2. A number of consumers that are listening to the producer in #1 keep
summing up the numbers. If some consumer goes down or one comes up it needs
to be able to get the current sum since the beginning of the day (let's say,
since 12:00:01am) so it needs to be able to replay all the messages since
the beginning of the day to catch-up.

Any ideas on how this could be accomplished using ActiveMQ?