activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dave Cameron <david.a.came...@lmco.com>
Subject Bad AcitveMQ 4 and Jacorb 1.3.30 Interactio0n
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:00:39 GMT

I'm trying to migrate our application framework from ActiveMQ 3 to ActiveMQ 4
and am having trouble with an interaction with Jacorb.

What I see is a Jacorb client cannot connect to it's server now that the
project has been migrated to ActiveMQ 4.

What I think is going on is the JMX functionality has messed with the JVM
config in such a way that Jacorb can no longer configure itself properly.
Doesn't JMX use RMI over IIOP for communications???

I've been able to initialize Jacrob first then bring up ActiveMQ with
settings that I thought disabled the JMX functionality.  ActiveMQ comes up
but throws strange exceptions related to jmx even though I thought I shut it
off.

What I am wanting to know is if there is a way to cleanly remove the JMX
functionality completely.

Another thought is if there is a way to run JMX over some other transport so
it stops bothering Jacorb.

Getting rid of Jacorb is not a solution since it is required for
intergrating with a product we don't make the decisions on.

The 4 series looks great otherwise.  My team will be pleased if we can make
the migration.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.