activemq-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Pesochinsky <Vadim.Pesochins...@mscibarra.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with prefetch buffer.
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 05:28:15 GMT

3 queues are for 3 categories of jobs. I need to have N servers which will
process jobs from Q1 and will only pick jobs from Q2 if there are no jobs in
Q1, and will process jobs from Q3 if no jobs in Q1, Q2. Then I have M
servers configured in another order, e.g. Q2, Q1, Q3 and other servers
configured Q3, Q2, Q1. This is all done because JMS message priorities are
inadequate in my case.

Yes, each of the 20 processing servers is single-threaded and can execute
only one job at a time. Servers that send the jobs are multi-threaded, they
start multiple threads and use the lingo requestor to issue synchronous
blocking calls.