activemq-users mailing list archives

From jcarreira <jcarre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS to JMS Bridge: Any Topic -> Queue Bridges?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:37:33 GMT

Hiram Chirino wrote:

> On 8/2/06, jcarreira <jcarreira@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The virtual destination sounds interesting. If I have several boxes in a
>> cluster, each mapping the virtual topic to the physical queue, will I end
>> up
>> with duplicate messages in the queue?
>>

> Yes.  You have to make sure that the messages sent to the
> 'Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>' destination are not forwarded.  This can
> be done by configuring the network connector something like:
>
>     <networkConnectors>
>       <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61617)">
>       	<excludedDestinations>
>    	  <queue physicalName="Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>"/>
>       	</excludedDestinations>
>       </networkConnector>
>     </networkConnectors>
>
> I've updated
> http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Virtual+Destinations
> to  include this information.

I don't really understand the notation for wildcards here... can you explain
what the ">" and "*" mean in those examples? What if I wanted to map
VirtualTopic.> to a queue named just the part after the ".", so, for
example,

VirtualTopic.Foo -> Foo

where "Foo" is the name of the Queue?

Hiram Chirino wrote:

>> Also, the configuration shown on the virtual destination page seems out
>> of
>> date... at least, the destinationInterceptors element doesn't show up in
>> the
>> XSD I've got from a few days ago. Is there another way to do this, or is
>> the
>> XSD out of date?
>
> Chances are it's out of date.

Any chance of getting an updated XSD? I'm using XML namespaces, so I kind of
need an up-to-date XSD to work...