activemq-users mailing list archives

From jcarreira <>
Subject Re: JMS to JMS Bridge: Any Topic -> Queue Bridges?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:37:33 GMT

Hiram Chirino wrote:
> On 8/2/06, jcarreira <> wrote:
>> The virtual destination sounds interesting. If I have several boxes in a
>> cluster, each mapping the virtual topic to the physical queue, will I end
>> up
>> with duplicate messages in the queue?
> Yes.  You have to make sure that the messages sent to the
> 'Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>' destination are not forwarded.  This can
> be done by configuring the network connector something like:
>     <networkConnectors>
>       <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61617)">
>       	<excludedDestinations>
>    	  <queue physicalName="Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>"/>
>       	</excludedDestinations>
>       </networkConnector>
>     </networkConnectors>
> I've updated
> to  include this information.

I don't really understand the notation for wildcards here... can you explain
what the ">" and "*" mean in those examples? What if I wanted to map
VirtualTopic.> to a queue named just the part after the ".", so, for

VirtualTopic.Foo -> Foo

where "Foo" is the name of the Queue?

Hiram Chirino wrote:
>> Also, the configuration shown on the virtual destination page seems out
>> of
>> date... at least, the destinationInterceptors element doesn't show up in
>> the
>> XSD I've got from a few days ago. Is there another way to do this, or is
>> the
>> XSD out of date?
> Chances are it's out of date.

Any chance of getting an updated XSD? I'm using XML namespaces, so I kind of
need an up-to-date XSD to work...
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message