activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul French <>
Subject Re: connections or sessions
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:31:52 GMT

So why does Jencks for example create a pool of connections ? I know it pools
sessions producers/consumers as well but in general if I use Jencks I will
have many connections. There must be a reason? I've googled all over the
place and I did see a quote on a web logic site which made no sense to me
but it might to you

> Note: Session pools are now used rarely, as they are not a required part
> of the J2EE specification, do not support JTA user transactions, and are
> largely superseded by message-driven beans (MDBs), which are simpler,
> easier to manage, and more capable. For more information on designing
> MDBs, see "Designing and Developing Message-Driven Beans" in Programming
> WebLogic Enterprise JavaBeans
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message