activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>
Subject Use/misuse of JMS Streams
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 04:15:26 GMT

JMS Streams as described on your web site and in the javadoc is very much
focused on streaming large files between a producer and consumer. I have not
really used this functionality yet, but I was wondering if you could comment
on my interpretation of the functionality and how one might be able to reuse
this functionality in an alternative way.

I have many updates that i want to send to different consumers. Each update
consists of a very small amount of REAL updated data - approximately 100
bytes - plus other data pertinent to the context of the updated data and
data necessary to correctly route the updated data to the appropriate
consumer. In total, the messages that I finally send over the wire is
approximately 1.2K bytes.

What are your thoughts on reusing the JMS Streams functionality to
effectively send all routing and context data once, followed by a stream of
updating data? Is this at all possible to acheive using the existing
implementation, and is this really something that one would even want to
consider given your experience?

Thanks in advance...