activemq-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Co <...@exist.com>
Subject Re: app to web demo
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:42:37 GMT
Hi,

I did a quick scan of the portfolio demo, and it is using an embedded
broker via (vm://localhost). This means that only jms clients within the
same vm can connect to it.

Some possible workarounds:

1. Change the org.apache.activemq.brokerURL parameter in the web.xml to
a tcp connector (tcp://localhost:61616) and start up a separate  broker
with a tcp connector. You can now create a separate jms client and
connect to the same tcp address.

2. Configure an embedded broker with a tcp connector. Change the
org.apache.activemq.brokerURL to something like:

vm:(broker:(tcp://localhost:6000)?persistent=false)?marshal=false

You should be able to connect to the embedded broker using
"tcp://localhost:6000". For more details on embedded broker
configuration using the vm transport refer to:
http://www.activemq.org/site/vm-transport-reference.html
http://www.activemq.org/site/broker-configuration-uri.html

Regards,
Adrian Co