activemq-users mailing list archives

From Sandeep Chayapathi <sand...@wssource.com>
Subject Topology Question
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:20:23 GMT
Hi,
 I have a system where multiple consumers need to process the same
message. For eg: one consumer, generates a email based on the message
and another consumer applies some business rule on the same message, and
so on.

 Initially I had a topic so that all the consumers would receive the
message. However I need to ensure that if a consumer had to be stopped &
restarted, it would process all the message that it missed.  I could
setup a queue for each consumer, but since the consumers can be
added/removed dynamically, it is ruled out. Any idea on how I should
setup activemq for this ? Thanks.

- Sandeep