activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eugene Prokopiev <prokop...@stc.donpac.ru>
Subject Network of brokers : not forwarding messages after reconnection
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:30:11 GMT
Hi,

I need to send JMS message asynchronously without waiting for real
sending even in case of remote AMQ down. So, I created embedded
forwarder AMQ with this configuration:

<beans>

         <bean id="broker"
class="org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService" init-method="start"
destroy-method="stop">
                 <property name="brokerName" value="forwarderBroker"/>
                 <property name="persistent" value="false"/>
                 <property name="transportConnectorURIs">
                         <list>
                                 <value>tcp://localhost:6000</value>
                         </list>
                 </property>
                 <property name="networkConnectors">
                 <list>
                                 <bean
class="org.apache.activemq.network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector">
                                         <property name="uri">
                                 <bean class="java.net.URI">
                                         <constructor-arg
value="static:(failover:tcp://m0:5000)"/>
                                                 </bean>
                             </property>
                         </bean>
                         </list>
         </property>
         </bean>

</beans>

Main broker on machine m0 has this configuration:

<beans>

         <bean id="broker"
class="org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService" init-method="start"
destroy-method="stop">
                 <property name="brokerName" value="mainBroker"/>
                 <property name="persistent" value="false"/>
                 <property name="transportConnectorURIs">
                         <list>
                                 <value>tcp://localhost:5000</value>
                         </list>
                 </property>
         </bean>

</beans>

Also I have simple failover JMS consumer which reads all messages from
queue://messages

After sending message to forwarder broker to queue://messages I see,
that consumer got this message.

Next I try to emulate main broker down. I stop it and start again. On
forwarder broker console I see:

WARN  DemandForwardingBridge           - Outbound transport to
mainBroker interrupted ...
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge           - Outbound transport to
mainBroker resumed
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge           - Network connection between
vm://forwarderBroker#0 and tcp://m0:5000(mainBroker) has been established.

Now after sending message to forwarder broker to queue://messages I see,
that size of queue://messages is 1 instead of 0 and consumer not got new
message.

How can I restore message forwarding now? Is there something wrong in my
configuration or this is normal behavior?

--
Thanks,
Eugene Prokopiev