activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eugene Prokopiev <prokop...@stc.donpac.ru>
Subject Re: Clustered JDBC database as message store and network of brokers
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:49:46 GMT
> If you have a clustered JDBC database and want to use that to get HA
> then I'd recommend using this...
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jdbc-master-slave.html
>
> which allows you to run many brokers; one is the master and others are
> slaves for fast HA and failover. The only downside is performance as
> JDBC Master Slave only works when not using the high performance
> journal

I know about this limitation but I need network of brokers instead of
master/slave for parallel messages processing. Perfomance is not a
problem in my case because I have another points of slow processing.

So, my question is the same : can I got any advantages by setting up
network between brokers or shared database is enough?

--
Thanks,
Eugene Prokopiev