activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ in production environment
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:16:21 GMT
On 7/28/06, sparky2708 <daa82@columbia.edu> wrote:
> I would like to inquire about using ActiveMQ in a production environment.
> What does it mean that it is in incubator stage and had so many releases?

The "incubator stage" is purely an Apache Incubator thing where the
*community* is being incubated to check it works in the Apache Way. So
its got nothing to do with the code quality or whether Apache ActiveMQ
is production ready.

> If
> it isn't a secret it would help to know which companies use ActiveMQ...

There's many companies using ActiveMQ in production; though lots of
them like to keep their use of it secret. I can maybe mention a few
privately.

--

James
-------