activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ with Spring 2.0?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:19:16 GMT
We've fixed 4.1-SNAPSHOT to use the latest xbean-spring (2.5) and it
works fine with spring 2.0-rc2 but 4.0.1 is dependent on an older
xbean and spring 1.x only I'm afraid.

Though you could just configure the broker in Java code or using the
traditional Spring XML if you prefer - e.g. mimicking the Java code
shown on this page...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html

On 7/27/06, jcarreira <jcarreira@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone using ActiveMQ 4.0.1 with Spring 2.0 ?
>
> I've found that the XBean configuration isn't usable, since it apparently
> depends on an old version of Spring. Here's the error:

> with name 'broker' defined in class path resource [jmsContext.xml]:
> Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser
> Caused by:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser
>         at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:87)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:89)
>         at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:283)
>         at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:52)
>
> Now, since I can't directly bind the "peer://" protocol on a BrokerService,
> and the BrokerFactoryBean only takes a config location to find the Xbean XML
> configuration, I'm stuck I guess... Probably have to build my own
> FactoryBean or something, which means more delays getting set up...
> --

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/