activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: jencks or spring 2.0
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:02:44 GMT
On 7/27/06, Paul French <> wrote:
> Thanks.
> For outbound messaging withtout using Jencks using async messaging how
> performant is ActiveMQ?

Crazy fast :)

>  I'm trying to understand what ActiveMQ does under
> the hood for async messaging. I beleive ActiveMQ sticks the aync messages in
> memory somewhere for ActiveMQ to send them in the background.

Yes. So the send() cost is typically the cost of a thread safe
collection object (think SEDA queue)

> This will answer my question whether I need to use Jencks for outbound
> messaging or not?

Using Jencks for outbound is typically a transaction issue (e.g.
wishing to associate the connections/sessions with the transaction
that is in progress from incoming EJB/MDBs etc).

If you are not using transactions and are using async sending, there's
no real need to pool the sessions used for sending.

View raw message