activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting unused objects
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:22:32 GMT
Which version of ActiveMQ are you using? AFAIK in recent versions the
Advisory Messages feature using a single topic for all temporary
queues...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/advisory-message.html

On 7/26/06, Pesochinskiy, Vadim (MSCIBARRA)
<Vadim.Pesochinskiy@mscibarra.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am using the lingo MultiplexingRequestor which, creates the temporary
> queue. If I terminate application properly both the temporary queues and
> associated Producers and Consumers are removed. However, in production
> environment on the long run amq server can be terminated abruptly in
> which case I will have a few objects of this type showing in JConsole
> under Topic. This topics will not go away until I restart amq with
> deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="true". Unfortunately, I cannot do that in
> production, because I cannot remove messages during maintenance restart.
> Is there any other way to clear objects that are not used, like empty
> queues, topics, etc., while keeping messages and queues that contain
> them?
>
> I see a lot of these kind of topics:
>
> ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.<ID of the temporary queue>
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend
to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

--

James
-------