activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory usage increasing
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:49:04 GMT
Its a bit hard to know for certain from the information available but
the default behaviour of ActiveMQ is to use a prefetch buffer of
messages on the client for performance; so there will be lots of
messages kept around in RAM for each consumer by default...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

If you can get your application to a steady state and the amount of
RAM used reaches a consistent level then I'd say there's no leak.

--

James
-------