activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mangaging subscriptions
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:06:33 GMT
On 7/18/06, Christopher Mihaly <cmihaly@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using the J2EE monitoring utility that is quite nice for getting
> information from the server.  But I am having problems manageing the server
> using it.  For instance, I want to remove a durable subscription, I select
> the broker and go to the Operations tab and run the destroyDurableSubscriber
> providing the client and subsription name and press the button. It woks some
> of the time, but others it will fail with one of two messages:
>
> 1). That the subscription is off-line.   What does this mean?  And how do I
> get rid of the subscription, shouldn't I be able to do this even if it is
> offline.

I guess so yes - could you file a JIRA to fix that please?

> Can I get it on-line somehow and then destroy it?  Often we have
> regression tests, that may leave a durable subscription, and I want to get
> rid of it so that I do not accumulate messages in the topic.
>
> 2). Sometime it tells me I do not have a security manager in place.  What
> does this mean and how can I put one in place.
>
> Another item, is I want to see what events are waiting on a subscription.  I
> select the subscription and under operations there is a browse operations.
> But these appear to return all the messages on the subscribed topic, not
> just the one that have not been sent to that subscription.  Is there a way
> to inspect what messages have not been delivered?

We don't currently support browsing of durable topics for individual
consumers - though with the new Virtual Destinations feature we'll
soon be able to offer that (allowing a single topic subscriber to have
their own queue that can be browsed etc)

http://activemq.org/site/virtual-destinations.html

--

James
-------