activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client already connected problem
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 05:44:22 GMT
On 7/19/06, Christopher Mihaly <cmihaly@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a SOAP service, that when it is called, it creates a connection to the
> message broker, and either retrieves messages froma durable topic or
> publishes messages to that topic.   The SOAP service can be called pretty
> quickly.   I have insured that the threads are synchronized and that it also
> reuses active connections with the same clientid.    Howeever, it appears
> that I get a already connected error still.  I am pretty sure that the web
> service is synchroized, the debug statements appear to indicate that a
> connection was established, the message sent, connection closed, and the
> subsequent connection was establishe (which could be very quick after the
> close) failes with the error.   Is it possible that there is some latency
> between the time the connection is closed on the client and the connection
> is actually closed on the server such that if a connection request on the
> same client id happens too quickly, it wil fail?

Yes, that sounds about right.

The idea behind JMS is that you create a connection up front and then
reuse it over the duration of your application...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-use-jms-efficiently.html

so I'd recommend sharing the connection across requests. Note if you
are just sending messages you can use the PooledConnectionFactory to
do this for you if you don't want to change your code to avoid the
create/close of JMS resources each time you have request to make

--

James
-------