activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session closed after a while(random)
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:56:15 GMT
On 7/18/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Again I use VM connector so no failure should happen.

So all your code resides in a single JVM right? There is no TCP whatsoever?

> But anyway that's not a problem with the failure, the big question is
> why the connection is cleaned up when a transport error occur

What else could we do other than close the connection and throw an
exception if the transport goes bad.

> and what's
> the approach here, is not clear for me in case of transport failures,
> the connection release the sessions and next time I will get "Session
> close" when I'm trying to create a consumer.
> What should I do? in case of an error first try to recreate the session?

So first try and diagnose what is causing the failure. So turn on
debug logging. Or create a local build of ActiveMQ which dumps in big
flashing letters the exact error which is causing the transport to be
closed - something is causing the session to close and its 1 single
Java class, so you should be able to add logging code in there to tell
you exactly what is causing it. Then mail us the stack trace and
interesting bit of your log.

--

James
-------