activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logger To report failover activity
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:11:38 GMT
I've just hit the exact same issue with a customer today. I think we
should switch the FailoverTransport to at least log something on INFO
level logging when a connection goes down (folks can easily disable it
via log4j.properties etc).

I've raised a JIRA to track this....

On 7/18/06, Hugo V <aerosteak@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a simple request: When I use the Failover transport I would like to
> have a WARNING message when the connection with the server is broken. If I
> don't turn the DEBUG level on 'FailoverTransport' class there is no messages
> and no sign of activity…
>
> The problem is that the 'FailoverTransport' DEBUG is a bit verbose and there
> is a Exception Stack trace (once in a while) when doing a proper
> disconnection (see log file below).
>
> Is there another Logger that I can active? or is it possible to add a logger
> in a future build?
>
> //------------------------------
>
> org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport; Transport failed,
> starting up reconnect task; ActiveMQ Transport:
> tcp://localhost/127.225.38.5:7670
> java.io.EOFException
>   at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:397)
>   at
> org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:274)
>   at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:142)
>   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
> --

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/